Thursday, January 8, 2009

Tired of being Tired

I have had a cold now for about three weeks. The first week was kind of a drag but I did everything like normal and didn't let it bother me. Last week I was off work and was able to get some good miles in and by about Thursday I thought I was over it. Then BAM, Friday rolls around and it's back. It's mainly just a head cold and my cough is pretty much gone so I wasn't too worried about it and thought it would just pass. So, Saturday I go to Norman for the usual 1o o'clock Buch's ride and I get about four hours in that day. That I guess was a mistake because this cold is still here. I haven't been on my bike, with the exception of an easy hour Wednesday, since then. It sucks and I'm starting to get a little frustrated with it. I can't rest anymore than I already am, I mean I don't have time to rest anymore than I already do. Even sleeping in until 5 a.m. only gives me 2 more hours of sleep than usual. Work is work, I have to do what it requires to get my job done. After work, well, I like to do my share around the house to help get everything done before bed time. With Addi, that means you stay pretty busy. But it's a good busy and you wouldn't want to miss it anyway.

I have tried just about every over the counter product there is. Mucinex, Sudafed (with Pseudoephedrine and without), Zicam, Afrin, and Alka Selter Plus Day & Night . Not to mention I've upped my Vitamin C and have even started drinking orange juice and Naked Juice, despite the unwanted calories. None of it has worked. I usually feel pretty good until around 3 o'clock or so and then it all starts going downhill pretty fast. Hopefully, it's gone by this weekend because laying around the house really isn't an option.

No comments: