Monday, January 5, 2009

12 Days

This year my office shut it's doors for 12 days giving all of us a nice LONG holiday break. I have never been off for 12 consecutive days in my working career. I don't know that I've ever spent 12 "almost full" consecutive days with my wife and I know I haven't with my daughter. The only times we were apart was my occasional bike ride and maybe a few trips to the store. Other than that, it was just the three of us. We made it through 4 Christmas's, New Years, and one funeral...all together. I'm not sure how much time was spent in the car but it had to be equal to at least one full day. Addi has become Princess Addi, I'm now Prince Dad, and Amie has gone from MaMa Hodges to King Mom to Princess Mom...I guess depending on Addi's mood. I would say all together we had a great time getting to bond with each other. Of course, we all had our share of emotional break downs and rants but aside from that it was peachy.

On December 31st, Amie had a 4-D Ultrasound scheduled for us. We each invited our folks and made an outting of it. It was really awesome. We got to see Emily. She didn't entirely cooperate though, she kept putting her hands and feet in her mouth, but we did end up with some nice pics. I wish we would of had the opportunity to do this with Addi to compare the pics. To me, Emily looks like she is going to very strongly resemble Addi. It looks like they have the same nose and lips. She looks beautiful! It's crazy to think that within the next 1-2 months I will be a father again. I could go on and on about that. There are a lot of things that run through your head, or my head, when I think about becoming a father again. I'm scared, anxious, nervous, excited...you name it and I'm feeling it. But it's one of those things that you take all of this into the delivery room with you and then when that little girl comes into the world you totally forget about everything except how lucky you really are. It's just making it to the delivery room.
I'll have more tomorrow about a few other happenings during the "12 Days".

No comments: