Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Random Thoughts

"Personal affection is a luxury you can have only after all your enemies are eliminated. Until then, everyone you love is a hostage, sapping your courage and corrupting your judgement."
Orson Scott Card

I heard this quote this morning and it got me thinking about what it meant to me. I think that the word "enemies" applies to more than just people. I think that any negative energy hinders you and every relationship around you. It will wear you down and eventually it will break you if you aren't able to find a way out. It's an interesting quote and I'll write more about it at another time.

Today was an Endurance/Tempo day. It was smooth sailing, just spinning away listening to an audio book. Yesterday, I started a new series of workouts designed to help increase my aerobic power. I really enjoy new workouts, it's interesting to me to see how my body responds to new things.

The sun has finally come out and the snow is beginning to melt. I'm looking forward to getting out of the garage and hitting the road this weekend with my Teammates. Hopefully, it's warmer than last Sunday.

Sorry, about the randomness of this blog...my mind is kind of wondering today.

No comments: