Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Sick & Tired

Since about 10:30 PM on Saturday I've been on a crash diet. It was at about that time I found out that I had the stomach virus. I've managed to lose 6 pounds in three days and that's not a good thing. I'm all about losing some weight but not like that. I thought I was going to die and at about 3 in the morning Sunday I was kind of wishing I would. I don't think I have ever in my life been that sick and I know I have never thrown up that much while being sober. By about 4 in the morning I was so dehydrated my legs cramped up so bad I couldn't move them and even by the next day once I could hold some fluids down they still ached from cramping. I ended up calling in sick to work yesterday, which I hate, and spending the day lying on the couch. I hate calling in. The way I think of it is if I'm going to miss a day of work I want it to be doing something fun, not lying on the couch sick but I really didn't have much choice my body hurt to the touch. Today however, I feel almost back to normal. My back is still a little achy but other than that I'm ready to go. Tomorrow morning it's back on the trainer! It's kind of sad to say, but I can't wait.

I did get to watch most of the Tour of California yesterday or whatever was able to be broadcast due to the rain. I guess that was the one perk of being sick. How about Levi? At around 4 hours in attacking on the Bonny Doon climb just outside the finish. It was a brilliant attack. He blew by everyone in the ten man break that had been up the road since almost the start of the race. After seeing him with such ferocity and determination to put on the yellow jersey I hope he does win the ToC for the third straight year. If I have the legs to pull something like that even just once this season I'd be happy. It was amazing to watch.

1 comment:

Zach said...

Dont weigh too little, you will lose your line in the crosswinds.