Monday, February 23, 2009

Life Changes

"Life Changes" that is something that I know of course, but those are the two words I took with me from yesterday's church service. An hour and fifteen minutes of church and I take away two words. Maybe it's because I can relate to those two words or maybe it's because I know how strong that statement is. Maybe it's because I know my life is going to be changing again, very soon, as my family welcomes Emily our newest addition into the world. To me, change is exciting and scary, depending on the situation I guess. I am a person who likes routine, I like things to be somewhat predictable, I like my jeans folded a certain way and my shirts hung up just right. I'm not like some OCD freak or anything just old habits die hard I guess. Within the next two weeks, two weeks from 12:45 AM tonight to be exact if not sooner, I will be holding Emily in my arms. This will be my second time to be a father, so I kind of know what to expect and I would say there is no more amazing feeling in the world than holding your newborn baby. The moment the doctor places that child in your arms is LIFE CHANGING. To be honest I'm very excited for her to finally get here and I'm also a little nervous, not so much in a good or bad way just nervous because this is uncharted territory. This is not only going to change my life, it's going to change my families life and my family life. I'm excited to see Addi interact with her, she will be such a wonderful big sister. She talks (yells) to Amie's belly now, the conversation usually goes something like, "Get out here baby sister!", "We're gonna play dress up and have tea parties." I'm guessing between my two girls we will have accumulated somewhere around 200 pairs of shoes within the next couple of years, if Emily is anything like Addi.

Cycling - No more stomach bug, aside from not being able to handle the smell of chicken, I am 100% over the stomach bug. I'm looking forward to getting all my rides in this week and being back on top of things. I hate missing a ride. Saturday I was able to get my workout in as prescribed which was a good thing because I had problems with it the day after being sick and couldn't quite get my numbers where I wanted them. It was because of being sick and dehydrated but not hitting my numbers is something else I don't like. I don't really like emailing Mark excuses as to why I couldn't do the workout as prescribed. This was the first time I've ever voluntary took time off my bike because I was sick and I hated it. I didn't get the TSS number I was hoping to have for the week, nor the mileage...those things bug me and stick in my head.

Sunday's ride was spent on the Rock 'N Roll also. With Amie so close to having Emily, I'm a little gun shy to get too far from the house so I'm just going to spend my days on the trainer and grin and bare it. I'm going to try to catch up on my movies I guess. I started my ride at 4:30 Sunday morning and kicked it off with "Death Race." I wasn't too sure about this movie but I thought, it's about guns and cars so it might be good to watch while riding. I was right. I actually thought it was worth watching and I'd like to watch it again but this time with the volume up instead of reading subtitles. I'd imagine it probably has a pretty good soundtrack to it. Once that ended, I jumped off and started "Pride & Glory." Again, this was another good movie. It's about corrupt cops and I'd watch this one again if I could hear it. Edward Norton plays a the good cop in Pride & Glory and does a great job. I've been a fan of his since American History X. If you haven't seen these movies they are definitely worth the rental fee. I've got another double feature ride scheduled for this weekend, I need to start thinking of movies. Any suggestions?

I'm ready to get a race in for the season. I've still got a little while before I'm able to hit my first race but I'm getting ancy. This time of the season gets me pumped. I love reading race reports/results and checking out race pics. I'm ready to test my legs against everyone else's and see how I stack up. I'm ready to get those starting line jitters and some pre-race pancakes. I'm ready to load up in the car at 3 AM so we can make a 7:30 start time in Arkansas. I'm ready to see all my racing buddies that I haven't seen since September. I'm just ready! Bicycle, Bicycle, I want to race my bicycle!

No comments: