Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day

My Valentine's day began at 3 o'clock this morning as my cell alarm buzzed me out of bed. Today was our team photo shoot and I wanted to make sure I got my prescribed workout in and took as little time away from my family today as possible. I actually got nearly three hours in on the trainer and it wasn't nearly as bad as it sounds. My movie choice for this morning was "Deja Vu" with Denzel. It's an okay movie and it's almost two hours long. As soon as that was over I rolled the second tape (yes VHS) of the 1999 Tour to wrap it up. My music selections were a little random, Gin Blossoms, Bassnectar, Linkin Park, and a metal playlist I've put together. The workout went well and everything is feeling good. I've been a little surprised with my recovery over the last few days, it's been very good. I had a killer work out on Thursday that I thought would leave my legs trashed for the rest of the week or at least for Friday. They weren't, it was the exact opposite. My legs felt good, probably the strongest they have felt in a while. I've got to give Mark props, he's got my training schedule tweaked perfectly.

Like I said before, today was our team photo shoot. It went great. Local photographer, Andrew Chasteen, came up to Bicycle Alley to spend the morning with us. Is was great working with Andy. It is obvious to see that he is passionate about his photography and willing to go that extra mile to capture the perfect image. He spent most of the morning setting his flashes up just out of reach of oncoming traffic and straddling the center yellow line framing the images he had envisioned. If you're in need of a photographer, whether it be for family portraits, a wedding, or something adventurous, Andy is your man. Check out his website and then call him and book a session. I'm stoked to see our proofs and rest assured I'll have some posted on here for everyone to see. Thanks for an excellent time Andy.

Tonight is date night with my sweetie...I think she's craving a big chicken fried steak. Cattlemen's here we come! Mark, I promise I'll ride 30 extra minutes to burn off the chicken fried steak.

1 comment:

Andy Chasteen said...

Nicely done. You are a training machine.