Tuesday, February 3, 2009

MAP my ride

So far this week has been pretty good for me. Work is going great, family life is wonderful and my workouts are feeling good. I do need to find some new music to listen to while on the trainer though. This mornings MAP interval was awesome and I've already seen improvements in just the two weeks I've been doing them. I love this type of interval. Just go and go hard. If my body could handle it, I'd like to do these everyday just because it leaves you with a sense of accomplishment after getting off the bike. It's a good start to my day. This mornings movie selection was Tommy Boy. I did come to this conclusion, it's probably not the best idea to watch a comedy while doing intervals. That movie is even funny when you're just watching it with sub-titles.

Something else kind of cycling related. My weight is crazy right now. I've been gaining weight for the last two weeks. Not a lot, just a little but it's starting to add up. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong or if I'm just weighing heavy on the days I weigh. My diet hasn't changed, cycling hasn't changed. It bugs me though. I had finally got it down to something I was comfortable with, not my goal but close, and now it's creeping back up. It's just something I'm anal about, not eating disorder anal but I could see how it could be a problem if I let it. I've talked to several people who have eating disorders and I have a lot in common with them but I lack the will power I guess to really force myself not to eat. I look at myself and see the same things they describe when they see themselves. Probably if it weren't for Amie, I would be one of those people you could classify as having an eating disorder. She really helps me in this area. Most of the time it's more of a good kick in the arse to help me see the light. Not wanting to gain weight for me wasn't brought on by cycling, it was a problem I had even before cycling. I guess my concern is just more apparent now. I try to just look at it now like watts/kg and try to find out what works best for me.

What else is going on? Amie had two doctors appointments today. The first was at our normal doctor at Norman Regional. They checked her out and said all looks well but they are going to start checking us (Amie) weekly now. We are at 34 weeks, Addi came at 36 weeks, so we are getting close. Our doctor told Amie she would like us to make it one week longer than Addi did. That would put us at 37 weeks and I'm not sure if Amie will make it to 37 weeks. She's...ummmm....pretty full. This afternoon, we have a doctors appointment at the OU Med Center. I'll get to go to that one and they always do an ultrasound so we'll get to see how Emily is doing. Two doctors you might ask? We were high risk late in our first trimester, early in our second. So, now we get to see two doctors. I can't really complain about the co-pays because at least we are fortunate enough to have insurance. Thank God for that.

No comments: