Monday, February 9, 2009

If You Build It, They Will Come

It's Monday already. Man the weekends go by so fast. We had a pretty eventful weekend. On Saturday we took Addi up to the Build A Bear place at Penn Square Mall. If you haven't ever been there, call before you go and see if they are having a party. It is crazy. It's like race day registration only with a bunch of toddlers. We had a great time though. Addi built a kitty cat, it's appropriatly name "Kitty." Whoever came up with the Build A Bear idea is a genius and a rich one at that. You can't leave that place without spending a small fortune. I thought we'd go up there, put some stuffing in an animal and leave. No, you have to pick your animal, stuff your animal, fluff your animal, and then dress your animal. Kitty is wearing a princess dress of course.

Sunday we had church and then I hit the road. Grahmm Smith, rides for Team Power Train, came up from Pauls Valley to ride. The weather was crazy while we were out. The wind was gusting and it kept raining off and on. We couldn't decide if we were going to get poured on or if the sun was going to come out. We were able to get Grahmm's prescribed ride in and then I finished mine on the trainer. My legs were pretty much toast by the time I got off the trainer. Between last weeks workouts and then spending all day in the wind I was definitely feeling it. It's a good feeling though. There's nothing better than getting your ride in and knowing that you worked your butt off. I'll take one of those days over a recovery day anytime.

Once I got home, I found Amie and Addi painting Valentine's cookies. Addi loves to paint right now. She's actually set a personal best for entertaining herself. A couple of weeks ago she spent a good hour sitting all by herself at the table painting while Amie and got a few things done around the house. We were both kind of shock.

Last but not least, here is the blog debut picture of Amie, my beautiful and oh so pregnant wife. I'm not sure how long this picture will stay on here because she's pretty picky about me posting pictures of her on here. But this one is AH approved so hopefully it lasts. This weekend we (Amie) will be 36 weeks pregnant. Addi only lasted a few days longer than that so we're expecting Emily anytime now. We meet with our Doctor tomorrow and every week from here on out. I think this has been the fastest nine months of my life. It's amazing how fast time goes once you have children.

No comments: