Monday, March 2, 2009

Monday, Monday!

First and foremost, I would like to congratulate my teammates on an excellent start to the season. Zach and Ryan went down to Lago Vista over the weekend and came back with some great results. On Saturday Zach finished in 12th place. Sunday Ryan was able to bring home the teams first top ten finish, finishing in 8th place, and Zach was right behind him in 16th. Zach's front derailleur hanger toasted him on Saturday and had the guys doing an overnight repair to get him ready to go on Sunday. He was left with a very limited range of gearing that most likely cost him several positions in the sprint. Great job guys! Hopefully, I'll be there to lend a hand pretty soon. As you can see from the pic, there's no problem picking out B.A.R. from the crowd.

So, what did I do over this past race weekend? Well, we didn't have a baby. We had another tease yesterday evening but she's content just hanging out in Amie's belly I guess. It's crazy. You should see Amie's belly, I don't see how anyone could be comfortable in there or how Amie could be very comfortable. When Emily gets here I bet she will weigh around 8+% of Amie's pre-pregnancy weight. That might not sound like a lot but that would be like a 12 pound kid if you went by my weight.

Actually, this weekend I spent my time on my trainer. I was able to get in both my Saturday and Sunday workouts with my new best riding partner, the Rock 'N Roll. Saturday's workout had some threshold intervals mixed in and was a good morning workout. Sunday on the other hand was 4 hours, yes 4 hours, of going absolutely no where but still watching the miles tick by. That was actually the longest trainer ride I have ever done. I've done plenty of 2-3 hour workouts, but never 4 hours. It really wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It still kind of sucked but as long as I get it in I'm happy. It was the least I could do for not being there to help Zach and Ryan at the race.

So, you might be asking yourself, what does four hours look like on the trainer? Here's four hours.
Movies:
1) Iron Man
2) Eagle Eye
3) Hancock

Music:
1) 3 Doors Down - Self Titled
2) 2Pac - Greatest Hits #1
3) 30 Seconds to Mars - A Beautiful Lie
4) Shiny Toy Guns - Season of Poison
5) No Justice - until my Ipod died

To Eat:
Kashi GoLean Chocolate Caramel Crunch Bar - 150 Calories
Jelly Belly Sport Beans, Cherry Flavor - 100 Calories
GU Espresso Love - 100 Calories
PowerBar Gel Blasts, Cola Flavor - 190 Calories

Beverages:
1 Shorty - 1/2 Diet Mt. Dew & 1/2 Water
1 Shorty - Water
1 Tall Boy - Water
1 Tall Boy - Cytomax - 90 Calories

There you have it. 4 hours in the saddle. Almost 23,000 pedal strokes and absolutely no coasting. Good times, good times. Hopefully, when my time to race comes, I'll be ready.

No comments: