Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lucky #13 Days Old

Emily is now 13 days old and everything is going great. It's amazing to me, to look at her and see how little she is and to think that Addi was that little just 3 years ago. It's hard to believe really. I mean here you have this little baby who can't really do anything and totally relies on you for everything, and within three years that little baby will just about be able to do everything all by herself, especially if she's as independent as her big sister. Addi keeps saying to me, "I'm getting bigger" and "I've gotta get bigger so I can get married." I don't like to think about her getting bigger because it's kind of sad to me. She's only three and I'm already worried about losing my little girl. She's always going to be my little girl and now I'm lucky enough to have two little girls. As far as the getting married part, I've asked her to wait until she's at least five years old and he can't eat his boogers.

Amie is doing an amazing job of being a Mommy. She always has but I'm in awe at how well she's handled everything. She takes care of almost all of the feedings and diaper changes. I come home from work and I try to help entertain Addi, maybe change a diaper or feed Emily, give Addi her bath and it's just about time for bed. Amie has even been encouraging me to keep my current get up early bike schedule and makes sure I'm in bed early enough to get up on time and she takes the overnight feeding. I don't know what to say except, I am very proud of you sweetie. You are doing an AMAZING job and I love you.

As far as cycling goes, right now I'm readjusting to my schedule. I took a few days off when Emily was born and then I was sick and took a few more days off and it takes my body a little while to get back in the swing of getting up so early. Readjusting sucks! I'm kind of in a phase right now where it's really hard to be motivated until I get on my bike, which makes getting up early even harder because really I'd like to just stay in bed and sleep. I haven't had the chance to ride with anyone in a while and I haven't been to a race yet and I feel like my body is saying "you need to ride fast for what?" I'm trying to just stay focused on next weekend. I'm pretty excited for the N.W. Arkansas Classic. It's a great race and I love the course. If I can just stay focused until then it'll all fall in place because there's enough stuff going on after that for me to stay motivated. I was hoping to get in on the Tuesday night rides but Mark told me to hold off on them because it would jack my schedule up and my scheduled w/o's are more important. I agree.


I'm hoping for at least one win this season. As far as when or where, at this point I really don't care as long as it comes. Maybe I should carry a pacifier in my pocket and do a little tribute to my girls just like Sastre did in the 2003 Tour de France as he took his stage win. Mine would probably be one handed though, I'm not sure if I'm brave enough to go for the full on V.

Let's race!

No comments: