Thursday, March 12, 2009

Sick of Sick

Yesterday was my first day back to work since Emily arrived. It was really pretty sad to leave. I really enjoyed my time off. It was a busy time, but it was great. Amie somehow was able to get me some pictures printed of the girls and very sweet back to work card. I still haven't figured out how she got the pictures though, she hasn't been out of the house except for her checkup, so that tells me someone else was in on it. But I'm not quite sure who.

On Tuesday night I sat down with Addi to talk to her. I wanted to tell her how proud I am of her and let her know what a great big sister she has been. It's really hard to sit still and talk to a toddler. I do hope that maybe she got a little bit out of it though. I couldn't be more proud of her. She has been a wonderful big sister and a help around the house. She is trying so hard to help take care of Emily. She tries to help feed her, she runs as quick as she can to Emily's side as soon as she hears make the slightest of sounds, she likes to hold her and give her kisses. It's amazing. It's like I spent a week at home and my little girl has grown up a little bit. Maybe it's because I'm not around her all day all the time but her vocabulary seems like it so broad right now. She is so smart and surprises me everyday with something new. Anyway, all that to say, I am very proud of Addison Lynlee and she is the best big sister in the whole world.

The reason I was feeling like crap is because I have bronchitis and sinusitis. It took me three hours at an Urgent Care center to find that out. First they did a flu test, then they checked me for pneumonia and took some chest x-rays, and bronchitis is what they settled on. So, at around 7 o'clock last night I made my way to Walgreens to get my prescriptions filled. Walgreens pretty much raped on these prescriptions. I don't buy medicine often so I'm not sure if there's like a secret password or handshake you have to do to get the "don't rape me" price but whatever it is I didn't do it. The pharmacist handed me my prescriptions and rang me up and after hearing the price I was like "holy shit. is that with my insurance? I sure hope this makes me better because I can't afford to buy more of it." I don't think that was the response he was looking for. Maybe I should of asked for a generic or something. Do they have generics of antibiotics? Anyway, I have the medicine now and hopefully I'll be feeling back to normal soon.

This week was kind of a light but intense week on my w/o schedule. So, I'm not missing a whole lot of time just yet. My plan is to hopefully be on my bike tomorrow morning and get a nice workout in and then maybe put a little extra time in this weekend and get most of it made up. I'm ready to be feeling better. It sucks losing bike time because of being sick. This wonder drug better make me all better! It's almost racing time so I can't afford to be missing my workouts.

Tonight I'll get to sleep in my own bed and see my girls...or at least I hope so.

No comments: