Thursday, September 25, 2008

INTERBIKE


I got back late last night from Interbike. It was freaking awesome. Like bicycle heaven. It's amazing, that many people get together all with the same interests. I had a great time. I went out with my buddy Christopher, he own's Al's Bicycle of Norman. We pretty much just kept the whole trip pretty chill. We spent the first day just kind of checking out Vegas, which included lots of walking.


The view from our room.




The water show in front of the Bellagio.



We didn't spend too much time or money playing the slots. I went down two bucks and called it quits. We wrapped the day up early and caught a movie at our hotel and then off to dreaming about all the cool things we would see the next day.


Interbike was awesome. If you haven't ever been and care anything about cycling, you would love it. So many new things, so many cool people, so little time. I got the opportunity to meet Christian Vande Velde and a few of the other Garmin guys and Tyler Hamilton of Rock Racing. Tyler is a cool guy. I also ran into Jonathan Vaughters, no serioulsy, I ran into him. Then once I realized who it was I talked to the guy like I had known him for years but then kind of cooled it when I got that "who the heck are you" kind of look. We got to check out the new Dura Ace 7900 and the Di2. Both seemed pretty freaking sweat and the Di2 shifts super clean and instant.




Rock Racing traveling in style. They roll first class all the way.



Tyler Hamilton's U.S. Championship Winning Fuji.


We also got to check out the Polar CS600 which measures your cycling efficiency. I'm not sure how accurate it is but watching it being demoed was pretty darn impressive.


Christopher is considering picking up Fuji, so we checked out the Fuji booth. Fuji recently picked up Rock Racing, so that was the second place I got to meet Tyler. Fuji has a killer new time trial bike. It's the D-6 and it is beautiful. It weighs in at 18.3 lbs and is made up of a mostly SRAM and FSA build. Check it out here. If you are considering buying a TT bike, check this one out. I don't think you will be disappointed. It's awesome.

It has a proprietary reverse mount front brake. The front brake cable has been routed through the fork and out to the brake, to reduce front end drag. It also has, what I thought was the coolest, a small indention in the frame at the rear to allow for the placement of the rear brake. This was done instead of placing the rear brake in the bottom bracket. This is supposed to make the brake more accessible and increase overall stiffness, all while maintaining the same amount of aerodynamics.


Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you, the D-6.


Here are a couple pics of Vande Velde's Felt. He seemed super nice but from what I understand there's a little history with Vande Velde and one of our very own local racers. I'm going to have to get the scoop on that sometime.



Christian Vande Velde's Felt


Last but not least, one of the most exciting things I found at Interbike was the Kurt Kinetics Rock and Roll Pro Trainer. This trainer is AMAZING. I tried it out and loved it. There isn't another trainer out there like it, that I know of. It allows you the ability to rock back and forth on your bike while spinning on the trainer. It really lets you go full throttle when working on your sprints, will for sure help you with your form, it's super quiet and comes really close to actually simulating riding on the road. For someone who spends a lot of time on their trainer, like I do, finding this baby was awesome. Check it out on their website, http://www.kurtkinetic.com/trainers-c-7-l-en.html . You'll have to scroll down a little to find it, it's the Rock and Roll Pro RU. Unbelievable!



If only it were that easy.

No comments: