Thursday, September 18, 2008

6 Years

This past Sunday, September 14th, was Amie and I's 6 year anniversary. That's right, six years. It has been an amazing journey so far. It's funny to look back and think, someone spent the last six years with me riding this roller coaster we call life. We've had our share of ups and downs but we have somehow always found a way to make it through whatever life throws at us and it always seems to bring us closer together.

Six years seems more like six months to me because I don't know where the days have gone.

Here's the short version Amie & Chad "The Beginning"

I knew Amie before her and I actually started dating. We both worked for KFOR TV and passed all the time in the hallway but never really talked other than just in passing. She worked in news as an editor and I worked in production doing whatever. Myself and one of the news directors checked her out all the time on one of the stationary cameras that pointed to her work area, but still I never really talked to her.

At the time Amie was in a relationship and I was in a relationship...well they both went south and they both were bad relationships. We had a mutual friend at the station who started trying to hook us up. I think the second time we met outside of work was at InCahoots (Club Rodeo). Her friend had invited me to join them out there one evening and I was super nervous. I know you'll find this hard to believe but I wasn't as cool then as I am now. I finally got enough nerve to walk in the club and I started looking around for her and her friends. At first I didn't see them and I actually considered just leaving and calling them the next day. But then I see this b-e-a-utiful girl in this little black dress. I was like "damn". That girl was Amie and the little black dress made me even more hesitant to walk over because I was like, there is no way a girl like that would hang out with a guy like me. I must have done something right because she's been hanging out with me ever since.

The rest I guess is history.

No comments: