Friday, November 20, 2009

Have A Little Heart

It seems like I get in these phases where I have time to blog and I make several entries and then things get busy again. I look forward to blogging and hope things start to get a little more balanced in the near future.

If my life were like a bike race, we'd be hitting about the 500 meter mark. Meaning, everyone is starting to fight for position, you're rubbing shoulders with the guys around you hoping everyone can hold a line and you don't lock handlebars and the rubber stays on the road. It's a very hectic and exciting time, it's a time when you make friends and you lose them just as fast.

One of my current projects, the OK Heart Hospital-South Campus is five days away from final punch. We have been working 60 hour weeks and last week I had over 80. For the most part this has been a great experience for me. I've learned a lot of lessons, some good and some bad. I feel like this job, at this point, consumes my life. There isn't a moment of the day that I'm not in some way thinking about this project. Whether be who to put where, how to layout the days schedule, what materials to order, who isn't carrying their load, the list goes on and on. From the time I wake up, to the time I go to bed. It's all part of the job, I guess, and will be wrapping up shortly and once completed it will all be worth it.

I'm already looking forward to my next project and the opportunity to use what I've learned here there. But I'm also looking forward to a little less stress, spending some time with my girls and not saying, "sweetie daddy's too tired for a piggy back ride", and riding my bike.

Lunch is over now, so back to work I go.

Sent from Chad's iPhone

No comments: