Sunday, November 29, 2009

Give Thanks

In ten minutes it will be 8 o'clock which means that Diego is almost over, it's about time to brush Addi's teeth and say her prayers and my long Thanksgiving weekend has almost come to an end. It's been a great weekend. I finally got some quality time with all three of my girls, something that's been lacking over the last few weeks. We also got to spend some time with each of our families. I'm already looking forward to Christmas weekend so we can do it all again.

Somehow on Friday I manages to start feeling like I was coming down with a cold. It amazes me, I've worked 80+ hour weeks the last three weeks, taken time off my bike just so I could be rested enough to work and not fall asleep as soon as I get home and manage to stay healthy. But as soon as a long weekend hits I get sick and in four days only manage to get two hours in on the road. Now I'm sick and when I really need to rest I can't because I've already taken too much time off. So, tomorrow it's back on the trainer bright and early.

Tomorrow I also start back tracking every calorie of every piece of food I even think about eating. I stopped doing that when I took my little break off the bike. I know, that was the wrong time to stop watching what I was eating and I should of been watching it more closely. It's kind of a package deal to me though I guess. It's been kind of a rough month or so for me and I guess I just didn't want to bother with it.

Tomorrow morning I hit the trainer, track calories, get a little closer to closing this job out and the whole time I'll be missing my girls. It's always hard for me to go back to work after a long weekend or vacation because I get attached to my girls and look forward to seeing them each morning. Back to the 5:30-8:30 daddy, I guess. That's another topic though.

Time to say our prayers.

Sent from Chad's iPhone

No comments: