Friday, August 28, 2009

Hotter n' Hell

This weekend is the Hotter n' Hell extravaganza in Wichita Falls, TX. My homey & teammate, Zach, and I will be rolling down Subaru style right after work. I'm looking forward to it. This is always a big race. It has lots of street cred and also a big turnout. This will be my third year to race it. Every year I have big plans of winning, so I can get that jersey, but I've failed the last two years. Both years have been a learning experience. What I learned the first year was, I wasn't as strong as I thought I was and that I have a lot to learn about racing. What I learned my second year was that I race stupid. I've spent a lot of time working on both of those areas so we'll see if it helps out any this year.

Last year Zach and I were racing for CRRC. He and I had really just joined forces a little earlier in the season and it was a great time to get some race miles in together as well as get to know each other a little better. This year, we're representing Bicycle Alley Racing. We started this team at the beginning of this season and began as a three man team, we are now eight deep and have some great new teammates. Jerry Willis, one of our recent additions, will be joining us in the CAT 3 race. Jerry is a great guy and I'm looking forward to chatting it up for 100 miles. We'll also be represented in the CAT 4 race by Andrew Chasteen, and in the Masters 40+ race by Phillip Wilson and Mark Trimble. It's going to be a great weekend of racing for B.A.R. It's going to be a little different in Hell this year as a cold front is moving through and it's supposed to be in the low to mid 80's.

As much as I'm looking forward to racing, I think I'm going to miss my girls even more. I won't be gone long but I wish I could take them with me. I'm not sure if they are my biggest fans or if I'm theirs. Either way I'll be thinking of them and can't wait to see them when I get home. That's just even more incentive to do well, if I'm going to be away from them, I mine as well win...right. Hopefully, I'll be home with jersey in hand.

No comments: