Friday, April 3, 2009

Yesterday

This morning, like any other morning, I got up early and hit the trainer. I had my iPod ready to go along with the third disc from the 2008 Giro. I had my iPod on shuffle and didn't pay any attention to what was going to play, and then it started. I'm not going to say what song, but it brought back so many memories of my life from the past 8 years. It was like a highlight real of Chad & Amie's happiest moments. It's not often that I get to sit down and just think, heck if you ask Amie, it's not often that I remember anything that's not work, bike or a specific date related. So, this was a special moment for me. I am so thankful for my beautiful wife and the life we've shared together over the last, almost, 8 years now. We have had our good times and our bad times but hopefully she remembers more good than bad. She has been my best friend, sometimes my only friend, and a huge inspiration to me. We have brought two beautiful girls into this world both of which are the loves of our lives. Amie has blessed my life and continues to do so each and every day.

Amie, thank you for sharing your life with me. Your smile makes the worst of days wonderful. I love you with all my heart and would be lost without you.

1 comment:

Andy Chasteen said...

Awesome bro. Nice "ode" to the wife.

Best to you both.