Monday, April 27, 2009

Saturday

This is none of the posts I promised to write about in my last blog entry. I promise those are still to come.

The past few days have been great and I wanted to write a little about them before I forgot.

Let's start out with Saturday morning. This past weekend was a big weekend of racing, either in Texas or in Kansas. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to go but I was able to hook up with one of my teammates, Ryan Lenhart, on his way to work at Bicycle Alley. I had a great ride with Ryan. I've known of Ryan for the last couple of years and this year I have the opportunity to race along side him. Despite us being on the same team I really haven't had a lot of time to get to know Ryan besides talking with him at the shop and what little time we have before our races. So, getting to spend an hour with him on the road and just talk about life was really awesome. I really enjoy riding with my new teammates so any opportunity I have to get to know them a little better is great.

After my ride, my beautiful wife and I actually had the chance to spend some quality time together. Quality time for just the two of us is a hard thing to come by now days. We were able to knock out some spring shopping for Amie and enjoy a nice quiet lunch. It's been a while since we've went to see a movie so we decided to go see the movie "Obsessed." The funny thing is that anytime we are North side and go see a movie Amie always wants to go to Tinseltown. I'm not a huge fan of Tinseltown, because that's the first place I ever got stood up on a date, but Amie likes it. So, we pull into the parking lot and notice that there are a lot of non-caucasians in the parking lot. Just trying to be funny I told Amie that they were all there to see Obsessed because it has Beyonce in it and they all want to support a Sista. Well, that little remark came back to haunt us as soon as we walked into the theater. By the time the movie started, and it was almost sold out, there were like six tanless people there, including us. It definitely made the movie more interesting, especially at about half way through the movie as all kinds of shouting erupted from up front in what sounded like a fight about to start. No one in the theater had a problem hollering back at them and telling them to be quiet, it was like one giant family reunion or something. Right after the movie, apparently those people yelling at each other had some unfinished business and the cops swarmed the theater as a fight broke out. This just might be our last Tinseltown experience.

We then had the privilege of having dinner with Zach (my other teammate) and his wife Kelly. We all met up at the Cheesecake Factory and had a great time. Thanks to the wind and our waitress Zach got some kind of Gin shower but took it way better than I probably would have. It was great to just chill with some friends, have a couple drinks and share some laughs. Some great things have been happening in Zach & Kelly's lives lately. Zach recently landed a great job and they just closed and moved into their new house. It's awesome to see good things happening in their lives. Zach has been a great friend to me and I couldn't be happier for them. I can't wait to check out their new crib, try some of the delicious grub he can cook up and maybe even become a fan of good wine.

Later that evening, we retired at the Hampton Inn and it was a great ending to the perfect day.

That's Saturday in a nutshell.

No comments: