Sunday, January 10, 2010

Kappa Slappa Napa

I'm two glasses in to a bottle of "Screw Kappa Napa" chardonnay and I'm hoping it helps my writing a little bit. This post is long over due. It's been a little crazy lately and I really haven't had much time to sit down and put something together. Let's see, where shall we start?

Since my last post Emily has started crawling! Amie and I had been working with her every evening and as much as possible on the weekends hoping she would show some interest in it. Low and behold, she decided to start crawling while I was at work. She's been crawling now for about three weeks and is pretty darn quick. It's amazing to watch her grow up and develop a personality all of her own. However, I'm pretty sure Amie and I just cloned Addi. They are both beautiful, blue eyed, blond haired little girls running short on patients and having a quick temper. So who do they take after most...that depends on who you ask.

At work, my Heart Hospital-South has finally...almost...come to a close. It seems to closeout and reopen daily right now. But it's close. We just found out we have a few items to punch out in the Atrium and then hopefully, we're out. It's just small items right now, which is an entirely different ball game because now it's just based on someone's opinion, and then that someone has to get the opinion of someone else and so on. Not to mention, it is occupied now and more blemishes can be found on our walls daily. This project has been great for me and great for Cherokee Painting. The Genereral Contractor has also been great to work with and hopefully I have the opportunity to work with them again.

In my cycling world it's been a crazy couple of months. We've been going back and forth with kit design and Champ Sys approving and disapproving proofs. It's been a little bit longer process than I had hoped but our kits look AMAZING and I can't wait to get them in and hit the races. We've secured all of our 2010 sponsorships, or at least for now. Within the next month or so it'll be time to start trying to secure race sponsorships but that's another post all in it's own. We've also ordered and received a tracking number on our new framesets. As of Friday, they were in Cali just waiting to make their way to the O-K-C. I'd post pics of them now, but I'd rather wait and post some of my own pics during our build. I'm syked and can't wait for them to hit the street. I'm expecting them one day this week. We will be rolling on Velocite Helios framesets. I'll make sure and get actual weights, and pics posted as soon as we have them on the scale. It's been a pleasure working with Velocite and I'm excited to further our relationship into the 2010 season.

Give me a few days and I'll have approved proofs posted of our kits as well as an updated sponsor list.

If you would of told me ten years ago that I'd be lit after two glasses of wine, I would of thought you were crazy. Funny how things change. Used to, booze was a good time, now it's just calories.

No comments: