Saturday, January 16, 2010

Frameset

Despite two days worth of drama our frames arrived safely to my office. To be honest, I was a little concerned with our frames getting from Taiwan to California but then figured it would be smooth sailing from there. I kept a close eye on the tracking and my worries were erased once I saw it had reached the good ole U.S. of A. I followed them as they went from Cali to Dallas one day and Dallas to Oklahoma City the next. The day they were to be delivered I was out of the office most of the day and when I came back in to find my framesets not there I knew something was wrong. I got online and looked at the tracking information and sure enough they had been delivered. Delivered to a JSmith at 3:20 that afternoon. Too bad there isn't a JSmith in my office. I got on the phone with the original carrier to confirm that they had the correct address and they immediatly went into action trying to help me recover my lost package. They contacted FedEx and was told
the driver would relocate the misplaced package and have it to me within 24 hours. 24 hours later I found out that wasn't FedEx's intentions at all and now they were telling me they had 48-72 hours to relocate and return it to me. This didn't make me too happy and after half a dozen phone calls to FedEx and some friendly exchanges my package finally arrived about 36 hours after the first call was made.

I gave the box a quick look over and found there to be no damage to it and it hadn't even been opened. I'm not sure how I got that lucky. I was kind of expecting our frames to already be listed on eBay. I opened the box to find each piece carefully wrapped and placed within. Velocite had done a great job of packing our frames along with the forks and headsets. You would of had to drive a truck over our package to damage our frames. I was really impressed with that. Packed with love.

The frames look beautiful. They have a very smooth finish. There a lot of minor details on the frame that aren't that noticable online that really add a lot if character to it. Zach and I are both syked to get these babies built up however we're both trying to restrain ourselves until we find a time convenient for both of us to get together to build them up. As soon as that happens I'll have a fully detailed report on the build along with photos and actual weights of most everything.

Sent from Chad's iPhone

No comments: