Saturday, July 4, 2009

The Place Where Dreams Come True

Okay, I know I've slacked a little, a lot actually, on the good ole' blog. Things have been pretty crazy lately. I've been slammed at work, vacation, packing, moving, selling a house, unpacking, trying to race, training. Seeing it all written down makes it seem like even more. I'm going to try to get everyone caught up on all the things I've wanted to write about and all the new things that are going on...not all in this one post though.


Last week my whole family took a wonderful vacation to Disney World. Amie, Addi and I met my folks at the airport bright and early Sunday morning and headed south to our first stop in Houston, TX. We grabbed a bite to eat at Chili's while we waited on our next flight that would take us to Orlando, FL, more importantly Disney World. Addi was a trooper on the plane. I was pretty darn impressed with her. She made flying easy. Once our plane was safely on the ground we hustled to the bus that would take us to our resort and once we arrived at the resort we bustled straight to Magic Kingdom.

Magic Kingdom is amazing! It really is like Never Never Land. They have everything you could possibly imagine and what made it even more amazing was getting to experience all of this with Addi. To Addi, this really was the place where dreams come true. All of her friends, Cinderella, Belle, Sleeping Beauty, Arial, Snow White, and Jasmine were all there and to her, they weren't characters, they were the real deal. To see her face light up when she saw one of them was almost enough to bring a tear or two to your eyes. That was priceless and something I'll remember forever.

Coming up after the break, more vacation stories and a whole lot more.

No comments: