Monday, July 6, 2009

Princesses

Okay, so obviously our trip to Disney World was centered around seeking out each and every Disney Princess. We not only got Addi's picture with each Princess but we also are now the proud owner of every Princess toy. I've undressed more princess in the last month of my life than I could of ever thought about when I was single. *Just kidding Amie & Mom...Amie is the only one, and only after we were married.

Anyway, one of the highlights of our trip for me was getting to hang our with Jasmine and Aladdin. We were on our way to ride the Pirates of the Caribbean ride but that part of the park wasn't going to open for like another thirty minutes when we spotted Jasmine and Aladdin taking pics with some other kids. We rushed Addi over there and Addi being the true princess that she is immediatly hit it off with Jasmine, or as well as a three year old can hit it off with anyone. She took some pics and talked and then we headed to our ride. After riding the POTC ride, Addi wanted to ride the Aladdins magic carpet ride, so we waited our turn and then ran to pick out the best magic carpet we could. Right after we got on, Jasmine and Aladdin spotted us and waived. Addi and I waived back and then they got up from taking pics with a line full of other kids, walked over to the ride, came through a special entrance, came up to our carpet and asked Addi if they could ride with her. Her face lit up like it was Christmas. Of course, she said yes and they got in our carpet and we flew around laughing and chatting it up. They loved watching Addi fly the carpet. As soon as the ride was over, they got out and took Addi by the hand and asked her if she would like to take some more pictures. We went back down to where they were taking pictures and they spent a few more minutes with Addi just playing and taking pics. When they finished, they gave her a big hug and they were off. That was it, they didn't take any more pictures with any other kid in line. They left all those kids to spend some time with my daughter and that made a really special memory for me.
That's why Jasmine is now my favorite princess.

I promise my next post will not be about Disney, I'll throw a racing post in there so I don't lose my huge racer following.

No comments: