Wednesday, October 8, 2008

One by one I knocks them out!

Okay, despite my inability to get things done around the house, I have actually completed a number of projects that have been lingering.

Two weekends ago, with a little help from my father-in-law and a borrowed spray rig, I was able to get the outside of our house painted. We were able to blast it all out in like half a day, where with me rolling it it probably would of taken the whole weekend. Our house looks great day. It's so bright, I love pulling in the driveway and looking at my garage door. No more flat dull looking garage door. Just looking at this newly painted garage door makes your day a little bit better.

Last weekend I was able to get Addi's new room painted. Pink of course. We are making her a fairly princess room and so far it's looking cool. She loves it. I have until next Wednesday to get as much stuff done in there as possible because that's when we pick up her new bedroom furniture. She's going big girl now.

I also, for the first time in my life, hardwired a light. I installed a pink chandelier in Addi's room. I have to admit I was pretty nervous doing it. I have been shocked pretty good once and I've kind of been afraid of it since. I really didn't have to touch any of the wiring to take down the old fixture which was fine with me. When it came time to hook up the new fixture I made sure the light switch was turned off and climbed up the ladder with a little bit of hesitation. I knew that the black wire was the one to worry about, so that was the first wire I touched. I figured it was kind of all or nothing. So, I grabbed the black wire and nothing happened. I didn't get shocked or anything. After that it was all pretty simple. I didn't think about this beforehand but next time I will flip the breaker off for that room just to be extra safe.

Hopefully, this weekend I finish the laminate flooring and maybe get started on some shelving in the garage.

No comments: