Thursday, December 10, 2009

As The Wheel Turns

It's 18 degrees out this morning and with the windchill it feels like 2 degrees. It felt almost that cold in the garage this morning. Indoor training really isn't that bad though, once you get used to it. For me the real trick is just getting my body used to getting up so early. I dread several consecutive days off just because of that. More than about three days off in a row and my body starts to reset itself and slowly gets used to getting more sleep. That much time off usually only comes in the "off season" or if I get sick, so it's not often. The crazy thing is, I'm so used to about 6 hours of sleep that when I do get more sleep I feel like I over slept and am pretty cranky. You would think it would be the opposite.

I've successfully completed my "off season" and have transitioned into my base cycle. I'm looking forward to my training this season. It seems like each season is kind of like a science experiment, seeing how little sleep I can get away with and my body still recover enough to be ready for the next day. This year won't be any different except we're going to introduce some cross training throughout the entire season to try and reduce my trainer time, even just slightly, and still get the intensity and duration needed. Most of my training will still be done in the early morning but now maybe I'll be able to do some of it outside of the garage.

Of course as the season progresses we'll make some tweaks and changes as needed but that's the plan for now.
I enjoy the changes and new challenges.

Sent from Chad's iPhone

No comments: