Monday, November 17, 2008

Coldplay

Last night Amie and I went to see Coldplay at the Ford Center. Coldplay put on a killer show, as usual. This marked the forth time she and I had seen them and both agreed that this was the second best show. Chris Martin was very up beat and personable and he didn't take himself too seriously at all. His interaction with the crowd made it a great show. They set up several small stages in the Ford Center and at times would leave the main stage and perform at some random place in the crowd. That was pretty awesome and it was the first time I've ever seen an entire band set up in the aisle on the second level and play a song.


Opening for Coldplay was Sleeper Car and Jon Hopkins. Sleeper Car is from El Paso, TX and despite being a small band they put on a pretty good show and I enjoyed their music. Jon Hopkins was the first EVER opening act that made me wish I would of just showed up for the main event. It seemed maybe like trance music or something with some crazy animated video playing. I've never been to a rave and I've never done any illegal drugs but his act made me wonder if that's how a rave is and I think you would most definetly enjoy it more if you were doing some sort of illegal drugs. I've seen a lot of shows, I've seen a lot of crazy stuff but this, to me, was jacked up. I thought the videos Tool plays during their show were kind of crazy, but at least those videos make you think. His video and music just made me want to leave. Maybe I'm just not ready for that yet!

No comments: